The act or process of using words, sounds, signs, or behaviors to express or exchange information or to express your ideas, thoughts, feelings, etc. to someone else.
Speech and langauge delay can lead to a problems in communication, Academic and Social. Some of the problems which are require speech therapies are the following:
– Saying one sound for another (wabbit for rabbit)
– Omitting a sound in a word (i-cream for ice cream)
– Distorting a sound (thee for see)
– Harsh, hoarse, breathy, or nasal
– Neurogenic stuttering (Interruptions in flow or rhythm)